The Department of Thoracic Surgeons at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital helps prevent, early diagnose, and treat diseases of the chest. We continue to expand treatment options for patients, utilizing minimally-invasive procedures, including video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS) and robotic-assisted technology.
Our surgeons provide state-of-the-art surgical techniques and cancer therapies, with a significant focus on research of early diagnosis, better cancer staging, and prediction of recurrent disease in lung and esophageal cancer. We take a multi-disciplinary approach to the treatment of lung cancer, esophageal cancer, and other chest conditions to streamline the patient experience with all thoracic specialists at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.
All surgeons are full time staff members at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital Delhi
- Dr Sabyasachi Bal, Director
- Dr Kamran – Thoracic Surgeon
- Mr. Jatin – Physiotherapist
All patients have access to a team of experts from many different fields, including specialists from surgery, pulmonary medicine, critical care, and ultramodern radiology.
Dr. Sabyasachi Bal – MS (AIIMS), DNB, FRCS
- Dr. Sabyasachi Bal is the Director of Thoracic Surgery and Thoracic Surgical Oncology with a team of dedicated surgical intensivists and pulmonologists, anesthesiologists, paramedical personnel, and physiotherapists.
- Dr. Sabyasachi Bal is an alumnus of AIIMS, New Delhi, and was, till 2005, an Additional Professor of Surgery and Consultant Thoracic Surgeon in Delhi and Chief of the Lung Cancer and other thoracic malignancies Clinic at his alma mater, the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- He is a former fellow of the internationally renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre in New York and a Senior Registrar at the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, London.
- Trained in Thoracic Surgery in AIIMS, New Delhi, and in the UK at the South West Regional Thoracic Surgery Unit at Bristol and the Brompton Chest Hospital, London.
- He has been a clinical research fellow at the University of Leicester, the UK in Lung Volume Reduction Surgery for Emphysema, which he has pioneered in India.
- Dr. Sabyasachi Bal is a chest surgeon in Delhi, one of the pioneers in diagnostic and therapeutic thoracoscopic procedures, Today, the department gets referrals from all over North, East, and North-East India.
- He is a member of many surgical societies in India, the USA, UK, and Japan and has numerous peer-reviewed scientific publications and awards to his credit, including the Norman Tanner Best Paper Award (Royal Society of Medicine, UK), the Japanese Surgical Society Award in 1996 & 1997, the Varoon Mahajan Fellowship of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, USA, the Escorts Raj Nanda Pulmonary Fellowship to Glenfield Hospital, University of Leicester, UK and the Best Paper Award of the Indian Association of Surgical Oncology in 2002