Hyperhidrosis means ‘excessive sweating’. It affects both sexes equally and all races. Commonly hands and feet are affected.
It is a disorder of the glands in the sympathetic nervous system, and its cause is unknown. The main symptom is wetness produced by the sweat glands. Sweating occurs to help the body stay calm. Still, excessive moisture may interfere with daily life and cause social embarrassment, discomfort, or the need to clean or change clothes more frequently than those without hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis is a type of health disorder, which causes excessive sweating in a human being. In general, persuasion is quite normal, especially if running or staying under the sun for too long. However, the scenario with hyperhidrosis does not seem to be the same.
With this health condition, one will sweat even in a colder environment or without triggering anything at all. It may also trigger by other health-related conditions, such as hyperthyroidism and menopause. Nonetheless, it is relatively uncommon.
The issue of excessive sweating can be quite uncomfortable and embarrassing for the patient. Thus, learning more and treating it with a Hyperhidrosis doctor in Delhi as soon as possible should be a primary concern. So, let us get started with it!
What are the Types of Hyperhidrosis?
There are several ways to treat hyperhidrosis in India, depending on the individual’s situation’s type and severity. Hyperhidrosis doctors in Delhi use non-surgical methods first, but their success rate is low.
If these do not work, then traditional surgery and minimally invasive surgery are viable options.
The type of hyperhidrosis one is suffering from would depend on the underlying cause of the same. Hence, if one wants to self-diagnose the same, will need to learn more about these conditions. Let us get started with it!
- Primary Focal Hyperhidrosis: If the condition is causing excessive sweating on palms, feet, head, face, and underarms, then it can be considered as primary focal hyperhidrosis. It usually occurs during the childhood of an individual and continues to affect them throughout their overall lifespan. According to a Hyperhidrosis doctor in Delhi, it usually conducts through the family history of the patient.
- Secondary Generalized Hyperhidrosis: In contrast to primary hyperhidrosis, this issue usually occurs due to a specific medication or health condition’s side effect. It generally begins during the adulthood of an individual. If one is suffering from this particular condition, they will either sweat in one part of the body or all over it. One may also sweat while taking a nap.
What are the Common Symptoms of Hyperhidrosis?
The most common sign of hyperhidrosis is, indeed, as the name suggests – excessive sweating. However, extreme perspiration may also occur during summer. So, how is one going to self diagnose the ailment? Here are a few signs that I will have to look out for in this aspect.
- Wet or excessively clammy palms
- Wet feet soles, even when not wearing any socks or shoes.
- Frequent sweating, which occurs throughout the whole year (even while sleeping)
- Noticeable sweat that soaks through clothing item too
he issues mentioned above usually occur during the initial stage of hyperhidrosis. So, if not treated right away through Hyperhidrosis treatment in India, various other complications might occur. In this case, one might experience the following symptoms as well !!!
- Being too self-conscious (mainly due to the excessive sweating)
- Reluctant to make any physical contact whatsoever
- Painful and irritating skin issues, such as bacterial and fungal infections
- Worrying excessively about the odour of one’s body
What are the Causes of Hyperhidrosis?
- Primary Hyperhidrosis
Previously, the doctors considered primary hyperhidrosis to be a direct result of excessive stress and anxiety. However, later research on this subject tried to prove otherwise. According to it, the condition usually occurs due to a genetic issue.
Thus, if anyone in the family has been suffering from this issue, then the same risk will increase massively. Also, instead of being caused by stress, it usually imposes and triggers anxiety in a human being.
- Secondary Hyperhidrosis
As mentioned before, causes of secondary hyperhidrosis are various health conditions. Thus, if one undergoes Hyperhidrosis treatment in India promptly, one can take care of this issue. Here are a few of the factors, which might trigger secondary hyperhidrosis –
- Parkinson’s disease
- Heart ailment
- Respiratory failure
- Some types of cancers, like Hodgkin’s Disease
- Injury to the spinal cord
- Abusing alcohol excessively
- A few medications, such as pilocarpine, anti-depressants, propranolol, and anticholinesterases
- Abusing drugs or substances
How to Treat Hyperhidrosis?
According to a Hyperhidrosis doctor in Delhi, the treatment procedure will depend on the type of hyperhidrosis. However, some of the standard treating methodologies include –
- Usage of Antiperspirants: In all honesty, the deodorants might help conquer the body’s foul odour. Nonetheless, it will not allow reducing excessive sweating at all. So, to take care of this issue, they will have to use an antiperspirant. It can lower the perspiration ideally and cure mild hyperhidrosis as well.
- Anticholinergic Drugs: Anticholinergic Drugs are ideal for taking care of generalized sweating. It usually works by preventing the acetylcholine hormone from working. Thus, the stimulation of the sweat glands also does not occur at all. However, these drugs tend to be a bit slower than usual. Therefore, they can take around two weeks to work properly. Moreover, they can also cause severe constipation.
- Botox: Botox is yet another common type of medication used to cure severe hyperhidrosis cases. Nevertheless, one will not be able to drink it or take it through consumption. Instead, they will have to intake the same through injection.
- Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS): It is an excellent minimally invasive option for sweaty palms.Hyperhidrosis Doctors in Delhi do it as a DayCare operation.
While under general anesthesia, the surgeon makes two small incisions under the arm and inserts small instruments, including a thoracoscope camera. The surgeon locates the nerve responsible for the overactive sweat gland and removes or interrupts it. For severe hyperhidrosis of the armpit, the patient may undergo surgery to remove the associated nerves.
Cost of Hyperhidrosis Treatment in India
The Hyperhidrosis treatment Cost in Delhi, India tends to vary on a wide array of aspects. However, in most cases, it would revolve around INR 27,000 to INR 45,000.
Hyperhidrosis is, indeed, a severe health condition. Thus, if not treated right away, it might make an individual feel embarrassed. It can also affect an individual’s social status and damage confidence. So, it would be better to treat the same as soon as possible. Nonetheless, before choosing a doctor, be sure to ask them about the Hyperhidrosis treatment Cost in India beforehand. It should clear all of the confusions regarding this aspect.